Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- After school, I showed my mom my report card from school, and she wasn’t happy with my grades. Then she said that she was going to show it to my dad when he gets home from work. I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- Jack sent an email to the boss telling him that he’s going to quit his job. We haven’t heard anything from the boss yet, but we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- You might not like seeing homeless people on the street, but if you put yourself in their shoes, you can imagine how tough their life is.
- If you want to be successful at sales, put yourself in the customer’s shoes and think about what they need.
- When Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple died, his successor, Tim Cook had big shoes to fill.
- You’re taking over your dad’s restaurant business? Wow! You’ve really got big shoes to fill.
- When the detective retired, there were a lot of younger police officers who were eager to step into his shoes.
- The famous Broadway dancer has many young dancers ready to step into her shoes.
- As soon as I saw the rollercoaster I was shaking in my boots.
- The view from the top of the Empire State Building was amazing, but then when I looked down, I was shaking in my boots.
- Jack always complained about his boss. And then the company promoted him to be the boss, so the shoe is on the other foot. Now, the workers complain about Jack!
- When the policeman was arrested, he understood what it was like when the shoe is on the other foot.
- Tom: There are too many lazy people in this office.
- Joe: Are you saying that I’m lazy, too?
- Tom: Well, if the shoe fits, wear it!
- Kim: Jen, why are you always dating loser guys?
- Jen: What do you mean? Do you mean I’ve got bad judgment?
- Kim: Well, if the shoe fits, wear it!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!