Today, I’d like to continue our discussion about English pronunciation, specifically liaison and linking. We took a look at this in a general way two weeks ago in Episode 573. Today, I’d like take you a little deeper into this. In this lesson, we’re going to look at what happens when a word ends with a certain letter or sound and the next word begins with that same letter or sound – like, good dog or big game. Those two letters or sounds blend together to form one sound, so there is no stopping between the words. Good Dog becomes Guh-dog. Big Game become Bih-game. Understanding this kind of pronunciation will help your speaking and listening skills. Let’s get right into it!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- He has ice skates.
- That’s my favorite Kiss Song.
- It’s a cold day.
- I avoid drinking wine.
- I wonder if Frank is coming.
- We had a brief family meeting.
- That’s a big grapefruit.
- It’s a tag game for kids.
- Take care of the dogs.
- I like to bake cookies.
- The post office handles all letters.
- The girl likes flowers.
- We had a team meeting.
- I love home made pizza.
- They use thin noodles.
- Ten neighbors came to the party.
- He bought an old tape player.
- That’s an old gossip paper.
- The river runs south.
- How do you flavor rice?
- That’s a cat toy.
- She bought a new hot tub.
- They serve vanilla ice cream.
- I gave Vinny my book.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
570+ English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!