Today, I’d like to continue our discussion about English pronunciation, specifically liaison and linking. We took a look at this in a general way two weeks ago in Episode 573. Today, I’d like take you a little deeper into this. In this lesson, we’re going to look at what happens when a word ends with a certain letter or sound and the next word begins with that same letter or sound – like, good dog or big game. Those two letters or sounds blend together to form one sound, so there is no stopping between the words. Good Dog becomes Guh-dog. Big Game become Bih-game. Understanding this kind of pronunciation will help your speaking and listening skills. Let’s get right into it!
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- He has ice skates.
- That’s my favorite Kiss Song.
- It’s a cold day.
- I avoid drinking wine.
- I wonder if Frank is coming.
- We had a brief family meeting.
- That’s a big grapefruit.
- It’s a tag game for kids.
- Take care of the dogs.
- I like to bake cookies.
- The post office handles all letters.
- The girl likes flowers.
- We had a team meeting.
- I love home made pizza.
- They use thin noodles.
- Ten neighbors came to the party.
- He bought an old tape player.
- That’s an old gossip paper.
- The river runs south.
- How do you flavor rice?
- That’s a cat toy.
- She bought a new hot tub.
- They serve vanilla ice cream.
- I gave Vinny my book.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!