Today we’re going to look at five phrases, like in a way and in the way. Using a or the in each phrase changes the meaning, so you’ll want to be sure to chose the right word. Let’s get right into it.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- In a way, living in a city is better than living in the suburbs because everything you need is close by.
- Jack is a smart guy, but in a way, he’s annoying because sometimes he asks too many questions.
- I wasn’t able to drive down the street because a truck was in the way.
- It was difficult to see the stage because there was a tall guy si tting in front of me and he was in the way.
- Be careful of the boss today. Sales are down this month so he’s in a mood.
- Jane said her husband is in a mood because his favorite team lost the game.
- I’m in the mood to have pizza for lunch.
- Listening to classical music puts me in the mood to relax.
- All of the gates in that airport are in a loop.
- That train line is in a loop around the city.
- I don’t know about the company’s expansion plans because I’m not in the loop.
- If you hear anything about the boss giving everyone a raise please keep me in the loop.
- Jenny’s husband works in the kitchen in a hospital.
- You’re never allowed to smoke in a hospital.
- Kim was in the hospital for two days after she had the baby.
- I was surprised to hear that Tommy has never been in the hospital.
- For a moment I thought it was snowing, but it’s actually raining.
- John was just here for a moment to drop off a package.
- The doctors office said that for the moment they don’t have any open appointments.
- For the moment, I think it’s a good idea, but let’s see how it goes.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!