Welcome to February! We’ve had our second snowstorm in a week and at 6:30 this morning, when I walked my dog Max the temperature was 15 Degrees – that’s minus 9 Celsius. Ouch! But no matter the weather, it’s still corona season, so keep those masks up and social distance. Today, we’re going to look at 8 idioms that use ON. Let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Because Jen is on good terms with her client, they signed a big contract with her.
My boss and I are on good terms, even though he’s a little bit strict.
- Having two puppies at home always keeps me on my toes.
Jack’s sister has three kids so she’s always on her toes.
- I wasn’t able to get to work today on account of the snow.
On account of his hard work, his company was very successful.
- Jack’s company is not doing well because of the economy. On account of that, his job is on the line.
Tommy’s grades in the last semester weren’t so good, so now his scholarship is on the line.
- Jen successfully finished all of her difficult negotiations, so now she’s on easy street.
On account of winning the lottery, Jack was on easy street.
- Jen was on edge during the meeting with her client on account of the fact that she really needed to get that contract signed.
I was on edge when I was driving during the snowstorm last week.
- On account of her success, Jen is on track to become the next sales manager in the company.
Tommy has been working really hard in school to keep up his grades, so he is on track to receive a scholarship for next semester.
- Jen said that she is on the fence about quitting the company.
I found a house that I want to buy, but I’m on the fence because it’s a bit too far in the countryside.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
570+ English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!