Welcome to February! We’ve had our second snowstorm in a week and at 6:30 this morning, when I walked my dog Max the temperature was 15 Degrees – that’s minus 9 Celsius. Ouch! But no matter the weather, it’s still corona season, so keep those masks up and social distance. Today, we’re going to look at 8 idioms that use ON. Let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- Because Jen is on good terms with her client, they signed a big contract with her.
My boss and I are on good terms, even though he’s a little bit strict.
- Having two puppies at home always keeps me on my toes.
Jack’s sister has three kids so she’s always on her toes.
- I wasn’t able to get to work today on account of the snow.
On account of his hard work, his company was very successful.
- Jack’s company is not doing well because of the economy. On account of that, his job is on the line.
Tommy’s grades in the last semester weren’t so good, so now his scholarship is on the line.
- Jen successfully finished all of her difficult negotiations, so now she’s on easy street.
On account of winning the lottery, Jack was on easy street.
- Jen was on edge during the meeting with her client on account of the fact that she really needed to get that contract signed.
I was on edge when I was driving during the snowstorm last week.
- On account of her success, Jen is on track to become the next sales manager in the company.
Tommy has been working really hard in school to keep up his grades, so he is on track to receive a scholarship for next semester.
- Jen said that she is on the fence about quitting the company.
I found a house that I want to buy, but I’m on the fence because it’s a bit too far in the countryside.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!