It’s about 9am here in NY when I am recording this podcast and it’s been snowing since about 9pm last night. Way back in Episode 260 we looked at some basic vocabulary about snow, but today I’d like to dive in deeper. This vocabulary will help you talk about snow and also understand the weather forecast in English on a snowy day. And speaking of forecasts, it seems the forecast for Covid-19 is “we’re not done yet” so remember to wear a mask and maintain good social distancing. Ok, now, let’s check out today’s English lesson.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- It snows a lot in February
- It’s snowing right now.
- It snowed last night.
- Kids love to play in the snow.
- There is a lot of snow on the ground.
- I brushed the snow off my car.
- We had snow flurries last night.
- The forecast says were going to have flurries all day today.
- If we have a blizzard, I’m not going to drive.
- When I was a kid, we had a few blizzards each winter.
- It’s been snowing for an hour and now the snow is starting to stick.
- The snow isn’t sticking.
- It’s snowing, but the snow’s not sticking.
- The snow is starting to accumulate (or) The snow is starting to pile up.
- About 5 inches of snow accumulated overnight (or) About 5 inches of snow piled up overnight.
- We are expecting an accumulation of 5 to 10 inches of snow.
- When I stepped in the slush, my shoes and feet got very wet.
- The road was very slushy. I had to drive slowly
- The salt trucks come out and they salt the roads.
- The snowplows come out and they plow the roads.
- I shovel my driveway and the sidewalk, and brush the snow off my car.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!