A while ago we looked at the causative form of the verb make. Today, I’d like to dig a little deeper into the different ways we can use this very versatile verb, MAKE.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- My wife made me clean the bathroom.
- My boss made me work on the weekend.
- I’m sorry I made you cry. This means I caused you to cry.
- My friend Ed always makes me laugh. He’s a funny guy. This means he caused me to laugh.
- My wife makes me happy when she cooks my favorite dinner.
- The boss made me upset when he told me I have to work on the weekend.
- The actress wore dark sunglasses in order to not make herself noticed.
- I used the microphone at the meeting to make myself heard.
- I make my car move by pressing the accelerator.
- I make the music louder when a good song comes up on the radio.
- This new heater really makes the room warm.
- I want to make my desk organized, so I bought a few items at the stationary store.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!