Today we’re going to talk about vocabulary. Way back in episode 26, we talked about participle adjectives. You know, words like interesting and interested, exciting and excited, and boring and bored. Well today we’re going to talk about irregular participle adjectives. This is a small group of ED adjectives that don’t have a corresponding ING form. Are you ready? Let’s get the ball rolling!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I could say that my job tires me. My job is tiring. I’m tired because of my job.
- Jazz music really excites me. Jazz is exciting. I get excited when I listen to jazz.
- I was delighted to take a walk in that garden. Or taking a walk in that garden was delightful.
- We were delighted to see them. Seeing them last night was delightful.
- I was impressed by the exhibition. Or the exhibition was impressive.
- I’m sure everyone will be impressed by his speech. His speeches are always impressive.
- Jenny was offended by the boss’s comments. She found his comments offensive.
- I was offended by the smell of that cheese. The smell of that cheese was offensive.
- I felt scared on the subway at night. The subway at night is scary.
- Tommy was scared when he rode the roller coaster. He said the roller coaster was scary.
- Jack was stressed when the boss called him in for a meeting. He said the meeting was very stressful.
- Going out in the car is stressful for my dog. He gets stressed in the car.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!