Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I help people speak English better.
Building up your vocabulary is always a good thing and today, I’d like to help you out by talking about the word CATCH. Actually, we’re going to look at ten different ways we use catch. Keep in mind, catch is an irregular verb, and the three parts are catch, caught and caught.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I heard Greg caught a cold so he’s out of the office today.
- Getting a flu shot will help prevent catching the flu.
- Wearing a mask and social distancing are good ideas to keep from catching the corona virus.
- There was so much noise on the train I couldn’t catch the announcement.
- Can I ask something about the CEO’s speech? I didn’t catch what he meant when he said the company is considering the future of the New York office.
- After their first date, Jack called Jenny a few times, but she never replied. He eventually caught on that she wasn’t interested in a second date.
- The new guy in the office has no problem using the computer system. He really caught on quickly.
- Because of the iPod, the MD player never caught on.
- It’s a mystery to me how some fashion trends catch on these days.
- I caught the subway after work.
- There was a lot of traffic on the way to the airport but luckily I caught my flight.
- During our hike in the mountains we got caught in a thunderstorm.
- Jenny called. She is caught in heavy traffic, so she’s going to be late for work.
- During the race, it was hard for me to catch up to the front runner.
- I got so far behind the group during the tour of the museum, I couldn’t catch up.
- On Monday mornings I catch up on emails.
- After being home with the flu for a week, it was tough to catch up with my schoolwork.
- It was nice catching up with my classmates at the high school reunion.
- Good luck on your business trip. I’ll catch up with you when you return.
- You can stay up late studying a few nights, but eventually, it will catch up with you and you’ll have to sleep.
- The heavy drinking caught up with Debbie and she ended up in a hospital.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
550 English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- One 1000 Page PDF
- 550 Mp3 Audio Files
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every 25 New Podcasts!
Whenever there are 25 new podcasts, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!