Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I help people speak English better.
Today, we’re going to look at the differences between using the simple present tense and the present continuous tense. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I work in an office in NYC
- Tommy plays the piano and the guitar.
- Karen studies several foreign languages.
- I am working in my office.
- Listen! Tommy is playing a Beatles song on the piano.
- Don’t make too much noise. Karen is studying for her Spanish test.
- I’m reading a book about America in the Early 1800’s.
- Tommy is playing in a rock band. I think they play every weekend.
- These days Karen is living in Spain and studying Spanish there.
- I always drink coffee in the morning.
- Jack always exercises before going to work.
- Karen always speaks Spanish with her husband.
- Danny is always complaining about his job. He should just quit.
- I don’t like that restaurant because they are constantly raising their prices.
- My neighbor’s dog is always barking, which makes it hard to record this podcast!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
All of my Podcast English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!