Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I help people speak English better.
It’s almost Halloween, and like most everything else, because of COVID-19, there probably won’t be any trick or treaters this year. The only way we’re going to get away from this nighmare is to keep those masks up and be sure to social distance. Together, we can defeat this monster!
Today, I want to look at a topic that a lot of English textbooks talk about, but not with enough detail. I’m talking about using GET and HAVE in the causative. Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- It’s nice to take a walk in the park on a sunny cool day in the fall.
- It’s a little chilly in house. I think we should put on the heater.
- I feel chilly. I’m going to put on a sweater.
- I get my hair cut once a month.
- I have my hair cut once a month.
- I had my car fixed.
- I got my car fixed.
- I got my jacket stuck in the door.
- Don’t get Paul talking about politics. He’ll never stop.
- I got my grandfather’s old radio working again.
- I used to be a music teacher, so I like to see kids playing an instrument.
- I like to have music playing when I study.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Pronunciation eMail Course
Yeah, it’s FREE and you’ll also be on the mailing list for other free English lessons, about 4 or 5 times per week!
Plus….a FREE bonus download to help your essay writing.
GET YOUR FREE PRONUNCIATION MINI-COURSE!