Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. I can’t believe it’s already February. Time is flying!
For today’s English lesson, were going to have a look at five idioms using turn. I love teaching idioms because they are fun to learn and using them will make your English sound more natural. Ok…Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- In my house we take turns cooking. I cook one day and my wife cooks the next day.
- My sister and I take turns taking care of my mom.
- On the road trip to Miami, we took turns driving.
- Dirk is amazing! Every time I turn around, he’s got a new girlfriend, prettier and nicer than the previous one.
- I think it’s time to go car shopping. With my old car, every time I turn around, there’s something that needs repair.
- I hate this bank. Every time I turn around, they come up with a new service charge.
- You had a job interview last week. How did it turn out?
- How did your dinner party with your husband’s boss turn out?
- I was in a lot of traffic on the way to the airport, but as it turned out, I made my flight.
- We had a long meeting with the client, but as it turned out, they agreed to sign the contract.
- Jack was a heavy smoker until he turned over a new leaf last month and quit smoking.
- Unless you want to lose your house and family, you had better turn over a new leaf and quit gambling.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!