Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Tom was busy working, so he was as quiet as a mouse.
- Everyone was as quiet as a mouse when the CEO was giving his speech.
- Tom has been working like a dog on the budget report.
- Mom was working like a dog to prepare for the party.
- Tommy has gotten the lion’s share of his work done already.
- The student just did one assignment so he still has the lion’s share left to do.
- The boss is very pigheaded about deadlines. He’s not flexible at all.
- Jenny complains all the time about her pigheaded husband who never helps around the house.
- Tom was the early bird this morning at the office.
- Greg works at the phone company and he starts work at 6:00am, so he’s an early bird!
- Joe was supposed to help Tom with the report, but it seems that he just weaseled out of it.
- Kim said her husband always weasels out of helping with the housework.
- Tom wants to quit work, so he asked Jack not to let the cat out of the bag.
- We’re going to have a surprise birthday party for Kim, so don’t let the cat out of the bag.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!