Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. Today we’re going to take a look at seven animal idioms. I like teaching idioms because they make your language more colorful and more natural. Let’s check ‘em out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Tom was busy working, so he was as quiet as a mouse.
- Everyone was as quiet as a mouse when the CEO was giving his speech.
- Tom has been working like a dog on the budget report.
- Mom was working like a dog to prepare for the party.
- Tommy has gotten the lion’s share of his work done already.
- The student just did one assignment so he still has the lion’s share left to do.
- The boss is very pigheaded about deadlines. He’s not flexible at all.
- Jenny complains all the time about her pigheaded husband who never helps around the house.
- Tom was the early bird this morning at the office.
- Greg works at the phone company and he starts work at 6:00am, so he’s an early bird!
- Joe was supposed to help Tom with the report, but it seems that he just weaseled out of it.
- Kim said her husband always weasels out of helping with the housework.
- Tom wants to quit work, so he asked Jack not to let the cat out of the bag.
- We’re going to have a surprise birthday party for Kim, so don’t let the cat out of the bag.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!