Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. And, this is the first podcast of 2020. I’d like to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year. I have a lot of English lessons planned to help you out this year and today, we’re going to kick things off with a little chat about prepositions.
I know that prepositions can be tough for a lot of English learners, but today I’d like to give you some tips about the meaning and usage of AT, TO, and FOR. Are you ready? Let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Jack was waiting at the bus stop.
- I stopped at the post office to send a letter.
- We had lunch at Jenny’s house this afternoon.
- Many people work at home these days.
- I was at work yesterday.
- We learned a lot at school today.
- I walked to the office.
- It’s a nice day. Let’s go to the park.
- We gave a present to the boss for her birthday.
- My boss is very good to us.
- People should be kind to animals.
- These dry erase pens are for the whiteboard.
- I’m looking for a new apartment.
- I want to apologize for being late.
- I baked this cake for your birthday!
- Using paper instead of plastic is good for the environment.
- I think I will vote for Jim to be the class president.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!