Today I’d like to take a look at the verb “grab.” We can use grab in a number of different and interesting ways in every day conversational English, so, let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- When you ride a roller coaster you should grab the bar.
- When I drive during a snow storm I grab the steering wheel very tightly.
- Grab the pole when you take a subway in New York.
- It’s raining hard outside. Why don’t we grab a cab.
- After work I usually grab the bus on Madison Avenue.
- I’d love to keep chatting with you but it’s time for me to grab my flight.
- Today I grabbed lunch at the pizza shop.
- Why don’t we grab a cup of coffee after the lesson.
- I grabbed a beer with some of my coworkers last night at the pub.
- For this year’s holiday party we’re going to have dinner at the oyster bar, and then drinks at the lounge in the Peninsula Hotel. How does that grab you?
- I feel like having Thai food for dinner. How does that grab you?
- Well we could go to Central Park this weekend. How does that grab you?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!