Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. How are you guys doing today? Now that it’s December, the temperature is getting really chilly here in New York. But on the bright side, all of the Christmas decorations are up, and the famous Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is now lit up and ready to welcome visitors. Christmas time is actually my favorite time in New York City, despite the weather.
For today’s English lesson, we’re going to take a look at three conversational phrases that we use all the time in American English. Using these phrases will help you make your English sound more natural. Are you ready? Let’s check ‘em out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Let me tell you something. This restaurant has the best pizza in New York City.
- Let me tell you something. There’s a lot of traffic around 5 PM, so the best way to get to the airport is by Subway.
- Do I like it? Let me tell you something. That dress looks amazing on you.
- Let me ask you something. Can we reschedule our class next week to Friday?
- Let me ask you something. How many of your coworkers are bilingual?
- Let me ask you something. what do you think about this podcast?
- It’s a little cold. Can you do me a favor and close the window?
- Can you do me a favor? I forgot to bring a pen. Can I borrow yours?
- Can you do me a favor? Please lower the volume on the TV. I’m trying to study for an exam.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
Free Sample HERE
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!