Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. How are you guys doing today? Now that it’s December, the temperature is getting really chilly here in New York. But on the bright side, all of the Christmas decorations are up, and the famous Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is now lit up and ready to welcome visitors. Christmas time is actually my favorite time in New York City, despite the weather.
For today’s English lesson, we’re going to take a look at three conversational phrases that we use all the time in American English. Using these phrases will help you make your English sound more natural. Are you ready? Let’s check ‘em out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Let me tell you something. This restaurant has the best pizza in New York City.
- Let me tell you something. There’s a lot of traffic around 5 PM, so the best way to get to the airport is by Subway.
- Do I like it? Let me tell you something. That dress looks amazing on you.
- Let me ask you something. Can we reschedule our class next week to Friday?
- Let me ask you something. How many of your coworkers are bilingual?
- Let me ask you something. what do you think about this podcast?
- It’s a little cold. Can you do me a favor and close the window?
- Can you do me a favor? I forgot to bring a pen. Can I borrow yours?
- Can you do me a favor? Please lower the volume on the TV. I’m trying to study for an exam.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!