Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and here is today’s podcast English lesson. It’s Thanksgiving here in the USA and that means it’s time to be thankful. I have a lot of things that I am thankful for, and in particular, I’m thankful for all the fans of the Happy English Podcast. I started this podcast 5 years ago, and I know that some of you guys have been listening since then. Thanks so much!
Speaking of thanks, today I want too talk about the different ways we can thank someone in English. Let’s check it out. Thank you is the basic word we use to show gratitude. But we actually do have a number of other phrases that we can use to express our appreciation. You can say things like thanks a bunch, thanks a lot thanks so much, thank you very much, or just “thanks.”
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I bought you a coffee…Thanks a bunch!
- Here’s a little something for your birthday …Thanks a lot!
- I was able to upgrade your ticket to business class…Really? Thank you very much.
- I finished the report boss…Hey, thanks.
- Thanks for the coffee.
- Thank you so much for your help yesterday.
- Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.
- Thanks for getting me coffee.
- Thank you so much for helping me yesterday.
- Thanks for giving me that advice device. I really appreciate it.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!