Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson just for you. Before we get started, I wanted to mention a few things about the podcast. First of all, this month we’ve reached 4 million downloads. 4 million! That’s amazing. Thank you so much for studying English with me here. Also, in addition to the podcast, you can get two free one-point, one-minute audio English lessons every day on the Amazon echo. There is Teach Me English, your daily look at pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, and idioms and the one-point, one-minute phrasal verb lesson. Just go to Amazon.com, and search for Happy English under the Alexa skills category. Don’t forget to help me out and leave a review.
Hmmm…I think I’ve already said that. Already! That’s the topic for today’s English lesson. Today, we’re gonna take a look at how to use ALREADY in Everyday English conversation and writing. Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Jack started working here two years ago, but he already became a manager.
- I don’t want to ask the boss for a day off because I already know what he will say.
- It’s already November. Wow, time really flies.
- I can’t believe she is already a college student. She’s really grown up.
- I’m not hungry now because I’ve already eaten.
- I’ve already seen that movie, so please choose a different one.
- We had already finished dinner when Jack arrived.
- I didn’t know that he had already told you the news.
- I’m not hungry now because I already ate.
- I already saw that movie, so please choose a different one.
- We already finished work, so I am ready to go out to dinner.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!