Well, I have no tricks today, just a treat. Today, we are going to look at 5 conversational phrases using the modal verb, would. These are stand-alone phrases that we use in everyday, English conversations. Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- TOM: Did you hear? Jim crashed his new car. / ME: Oh yeah? I never would have guessed.
- JACK: The boss fired me. / ME: Oh yeah? I never would have guessed.
- I’d say this is the best pizza in NYC.
- It’s late. I’d say we’d better get going if we want to catch our train.
- I’d say the teacher is going to be upset if you don’t hand in your report on time.
- Tom: Are you going to complain to the boss about working overtime? / Me: Why would I? He’s not going to let me go home early.
- Tom: You car is 15 years old. Aren’t you going to get a new one? / Me: Why would I? This car works great!
- Tom: Would you like to come fishing with us this weekend? / Me: Would I ever!
- Kim: Would you like another slice of pizza? / Me: Would I ever! It’s really delicious!
- Tom: Do you want a cool drink? / Me: Would I ever! It’s really hot today.
- Me: I heard Jack got fired. / Tom: No way! / Me: Would I kid you?
- Me: Did you know that Frank proposed to Jenny? / Tom: Oh really? / Me: Yeah! Would I kid you?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!