Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. I can’t believe it’s almost the end of September. Time is really flying.
I just want to say thanks to everyone for checking out the Happy English Podcast on the Amazon Alexa. Remember, you can also get a daily Flash Briefing from Happy English too. It’s a one-minute, one-point English lesson every day! Just go to Amazon.com and search for Happy English to add it to Alexa account. And if you like the podcast, please leave a review!
Now, on to today’s English lesson. Today we are going to look at 10 Conversational Phrases With KNOW. Learning these phrases will help your English sound more natural. OK, let’s get the ball rolling!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- All I know about rugby is that the players don’t wear protective gear.
- I only met John once. All I know is that he’s an accountant from New Jersey.
- I really don’t know much about that restaurant. In fact, all I know is that everyone says they’ve got great burgers.
- It’s a beautiful day today. I know. It’s the best weather we’ve had in week.
- Jack is really good with fixing computers. I know. He has even built his own computer.
- Jenny is such a nice girl. I know! She’s so helpful around the office.
- You know what? Christmas is less than three months away.
- You know what? The subway will be quicker than a taxi because it’s rush hour.
- You know what? The boss is going to give everybody a half day off on Friday
- I know for a fact that Nick speaks Greek fluently.
- Ruben told me that he knows for a fact there are many excellent restaurants in Brooklyn.
- I know for a fact where you can get the best pizza New York.
- Yalcin really knows his way around a computer.
- Albert knows his way around New York City because he was born here.
- My mom knows her way around the kitchen better than anyone else in my family.
- Jim is an immigration lawyer, so he knows the ropes about getting a visa to work in the US.
- Tommy has worked for the company for over 20 years so he knows the ropes about everything.
- Our new accounting manager really knows the ropes.
- I don’t know the first thing about football so please don’t ask me.
- Jenny said she doesn’t know the first thing about fixing cars. It’s a good thing she married a mechanic.
- Sorry but I don’t know the first thing about cooking French food.
- Jack proposed to his girlfriend? Well, what do you know!
- Well, what do you know? The company is going to give everyone a bonus in December.
- Well, what do you know? There is my missing wallet!
- You know something, this is the best pizza I have ever eaten.
- You know what, the boss said I may get a promotion. I’m so excited.
- You know something, I really enjoy teaching English.
- Do you think that online shop is safe to shop at? It’s new. Well, you never know.
- I wonder why she broke up with me. Hey, you never know. Maybe she found another guy.
- Do you think she’ll get back together with me? Well, you never know!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!