Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson. It’s September, and here in the USA that means it’s the start of a new school year. I think that even as adults, September brings us some feeling that something new is in the air. That’s especially true for me here at Happy English.
That’s right, I’ve got something new for you!
I’m excited to let you now that the Happy English Podcast is now available as an Alexa Skill. It’s a free add-on for your Amazon Echo and other Amazon smart speakers. Just go to Amazon.com and search for Happy English Podcast to add this skill to you Alexa account. I’m really happy to be able to bring you this podcast and it is now live on Alexa . And that brings us to today’s English lesson. Today we are going to look at live, live, and life…three words that can be tricky to pronounce and use correctly. Thanks to Vincent for his suggestion for this lesson. If you have a suggestion for an English lesson, leave me a voicemail or send me a message at myhappyenglish.com. Ok, let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I live in New York and Jack lives in Brooklyn.
- A lot of animals live in that forest.
- I’m glad I live in a place that has great pizza.
- Those samurai lived in the 18th century.
- We live in interesting times… don’t you think so?
- I wonder what it was like to live in prehistoric times.
- Those plants that live best in indirect light.
- She’s 90 years old and has lived an amazing life.
- In that book, the prince and princess lived happily ever after.
- They have some interesting live animals at that circus.
- Artificial plants are easy to care for, but I prefer live houseplants.
- You can’t transport live animals into a country without special permission.
- In New York City, you can experience live jazz seven nights a week.
- Nothing sounds better than live string quartet.
- Many New Year’s Eve television programs are broadcast live.
- The life of a doctor is not easy.
- The lives of those doctors are not easy.
- The arts, such as music and fine art, can enrich our lives.
- They say that cats have nine lives.
- Jack lives in Brooklyn.
- A doctor lives their life to save lives.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!