Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and I’m back with another podcast English lesson.
I can’t believe that it’s August already! Wow! This summer is flying by. Fortunately, it hasn’t been too hot these days in New York, but I’m sure that the dog days of summer are coming up. How’s the weather by you guys?
For today’s English lesson we’re going to take a look at seven different ways that we use the verb happen. Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I heard that an earthquake happened last night in California.
- Another accident happened on that highway today.
- The robbery happened because the shopkeeper didn’t lock the door.
- It just so happened that Bob was in the office when I got there on Saturday. I guess he had a lot of work to do too.
- It just so happened that I went to the same restaurant yesterday that you went to today.
- I bumped into Jenny at the party last night. It just so happens that we both know the host. I had no idea!
- I happened to see Eddie at the music shop yesterday.
- We happened to go to that restaurant you recommended. It was really good. Thanks!
- I happened to find out that Jack is going to quit the company, but I’m still not sure why.
- Do you know Eddie? He happens to be a great bass player.
- Jenny happens to be very good at gardening. You should see her flowers.
- Somebody use your credit card information? The same thing happened to me last month.
- You forgot to bring your train ticket? The same thing always happens to me.
- I heard you got lost on your way to the party. The same thing happened to Jack.
- Excuse me. Do you happen to know what time it is?
- Pardon me. Do you happen to know where the station is?
- Ask Tommy if he happens to know the name of that actor.
- What ever happened with your new marketing plan? Did the boss approved it?
- Whatever happened to that guy you were dating? You know, the musician?
- Whatever happened to casual Fridays? I thought the boss was going to let us dress down on Fridays.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!