Hey guys it’s Michael here and I just got back from a fun vacation in Japan. Well it was fun until I picked up a stomach virus. Boy, did that ruin my trip. Here’s a travel tip for you guys. Don’t forget to bring some basic medicine from home because you may not be able to find what you need while you’re away. Well, am I glad to be home. Ok, let’s get cooking with today’s lesson.
When I talked about getting a stomach virus I said, boy did that ruin my trip. And then I said, Well, am I glad to be home. Both of these sentences are examples of how we can use do and the be verb for emphasis, and that’s the point of today’s English lesson. Are you ready? Let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Boy, did that ruin my trip.
- Well, am I glad to be home.
- Wow! You do like pizza. You ate five slices!
- Oh, don’t worry. Jane does like you. She told me so yesterday.
- I’m sorry, but I do need to go home now. It’s late.
- I saw Jack yesterday for the first time in a long time. Wow! Did he gain weight!
- I just came back from the amusement park. Boy! Did I have fun!
- I found an old piece of cheese in the back of the refrigerator. My goodness! Did it smell bad!
- Jack came to the office late today. Boy! Was the boss angry!
- It was a 14 hour flight from New York to Tokyo. Wow! Was I tired!
- We told the kids we were going to take them to Disney World. My goodness! Were they excited!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!