Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English. I hope 2019 is getting off to a good start with all of you I’ve got a feeling that this is going to be a really great year. Alright let’s jump right into today’s English lesson. Today we’re going to look at the word while. By the way if you have a request or a suggestion for a lesson here on the podcast, or on my YouTube channel feel free to send me a message or leave me a voicemail at myhappyenglish.com. OK! On to today’s lesson.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I have had this winter jacket for a while. It may be time to get a new one.
- I will be in the office for a little while on Saturday.
- Boston is a nice city. I went there a while ago but I like to visit there again.
- All the while I was in Paris I drink a lot of wine.
- Jack was in the office yesterday, but all the while he was watching YouTube videos.
- I went to visit my grandma in the hospital yesterday but all the while she was sleeping.
- I don’t watch TV while eating dinner.
- In the office we are not supposed to check our social media while working.
- Lizy likes to listen to piano music while she is studying.
- I am going to visit some of my students while I am in Japan.
- While he is a very intelligent man, the manager is not a very good leader.
- While it is not the fanciest restaurant in town, they certainly make very delicious pizza.
- While I didn’t study very hard for the exam, my grade was not that bad.
- Paul likes to while away a Sunday afternoon watching football on TV.
- My mom likes to while away her time reading.
- When I was a teenager I used to while away the summer days in the park near my house.
- Arthur Avenue in the Bronx is the last great little Italy neighborhood in New York. It’s a little far but totally worth your while to go there.
- Taking English lessons from a qualified, experienced teacher is totally worth your while.
- It’s a little difficult to get to that ski resort but everyone says it’s worth your while.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!