Hey guys! Michael here. Welcome to the first podcast of 2019. 2019! I can’t believe it’s the new year already. By the way, this year marks the fifth year of the Happy English Podcast. Thank you everyone for checking out the podcast and for studying with me here. I really appreciate it.
Recently one of my followers on Instagram asked me about the difference between could and would. That’s a really great question so I thought I would talk about that today. By the way if you have a request or a suggestion for a lesson here on the podcast, or on my YouTube channel feel free to send me a message or leave me a voicemail at myhappyenglish.com. OK! On to today’s lesson.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- When I was a high school student, I could study while listening to music.
- When I was a high school student, I would study while listening to music.
- When I was younger, I could play basketball really well.
- When I was younger, I would play basketball everyday after school.
- I remember my grandfather. He could tell us very interesting stories.
- He was a barber, and he would always tell us about his customers.
- If I won the lottery, I could buy a big house.
- If I won the lottery, I would buy a big house.
- If I lived in Japan, I could eat sushi every day.
- If I lived in Japan, I would eat sushi every day.
- If I had gotten a day off, I could have seen a movie.
- If I had gotten a day off, I would have seen a movie.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!