Hey guys it’s Michael here from happy English and it’s the week before Christmas and just two weeks until the end of the year. Time flies doesn’t. Here in the US schools are generally closed between Christmas and New Year’s and so a lot of people take a vacation at that time. I think I’m going to have just one or two days off at the most, which is okay because as you guys know I really love my job.
Today we’re going to look at seven different phrases that use have. The basic meaning of have is to possess something, but today we’re going to look at a group of phrases that use half. Are you ready? Let’s check them out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Jack has it good. He has a successful business and a happy marriage.
- A lot of people make donations around the holidays to those who don’t have it as well as they do.
- Laurie has had good at her company. Her boss really treats her well.
- I think my car has had it. It’s almost 15 years old now.
- I have used this electric razor for about twenty five years. I think it’s had it.
- Jack said he has had it with his job is going to quit.
- I have had it with my neighbors playing loud music all night long. I’m going to call the police.
- I think the boss has it in for me. He never tells me that he likes my ideas.
- My neighbor has it in for me because I complained about his loud music. Now he plays it even louder.
- I’ve had it with the garbage and the noise in this city. I’m going to move to the suburbs.
- This is a really good essay. I knew you had it in you!
- You can finish that race. You totally have it in you.
- I don’t know if I have it in me to run a marathon but I’m going to try.
- I finally had it out with my neighbor about their loud music. I told them I would call the police the next time they did it.
- Jenny had it out with her boyfriend and it seems like they’re going to break up.
- I think you need to have it out with her and tell her how you really feel.
- Well tomorrow is your vacation, have a nice trip!
- Have a nice time at the business convention. Let me know how it goes.
- You’re going to a concert tonight? Oh cool! Have fun.
- You can easily find Joe in the office because he always has a bowtie on.
- Jenny had a red dress on at the party and she looked great.
- I had on my best suit for the interview. I think I got the job.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!