Hey guys it’s Michael here from Happy English and welcome back to another English lesson podcast. When I looked at the calendar this morning I realized that this is the last week in November and, December is right around the corner. Wow! This year has really flown by. Do you guys have any plans for the holidays? Feel free to leave a comment or a voice message here.
Today I got a message on Instagram from Bita in Spain. She asked about the difference between especially and specially. I thought that’s a great question and that it would make a great topic for today’s podcast, so let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I baked this cake especially for Jack (or) I baked this cake specially for Jack.
- Eddie wrote that song especially for his girlfriend (or) Eddie wrote that song specially for his girlfriend.
- The dessert at the restaurant wasn’t especially sweet (or) The dessert at the restaurant wasn’t specially sweet.
- Everyone in my office is good at computers, especially Jack.
- Fabrizio likes high performance sports cars, especially Lamborghinis.
- I enjoy listening to a lot of different kinds of music, especially jazz.
- I like living in New York, especially in summer. That’s because I can go to the beach.
- It’s really great walking around the city, especially at Christmas time because of the decorations.
- This city has a lot of high brand stores, especially on Fifth Avenue.
- Tonight’s dinner was specially prepared by a five-star chef.
- Those cookies are specially baked for the Christmas holidays.
- That statue was built specially to honor George Washington.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!