Get is an interesting verb because it has a variety of uses an meanings in English. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at 5 different grammar patterns that we use with get. Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I got a nice sweater for my birthday.
- George got a good job at the bank.
- I heard that Jerry got a new car. Have you seen it yet?
- Frank works really hard. He’s getting to be quite a good tennis player.
- As she gets older, Elaine is getting to be just like her mother.
- Those teenagers are getting to be a problem for this neighborhood.
- It seems like the weather is getting cooler these days.
- I’m getting tired. I think I’m gonna take a nap.
- Susan’s kids are getting really big.
- It’s late. I think we need to get going home.
- It was good talking to you, too. I think it’s time for me to get working.
- The next meeting is on Friday so I think we need to get working on the schedule.
- I had good seats at the theater, so I got to see the actors very well.
- Did you get to relax over the weekend?
- I finally got to see that movie. It was great.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!