Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
When you think of phrasal verbs, the be verb may not be the first idea that comes to your mind. But actually, we have a number of common phrasal verbs with the be verb, so for today’s English lesson, let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Tomorrow is my day off, so I’ll be around all day.
- I’ll be around in the morning, but I need to leave the house at 1pm to pick up my friends at the airport.
- I’d like to stop by your office tomorrow. What time will you be around?
- I’m in on Saturday, but not on Sunday.
- I was in early today so I am going to go home early.
- What time will you be in tomorrow?
- I was away last week, so I missed Jack’s party.
- I’m going to be away next week, so if you need help, please contact Tommy.
- Vincent was away the first two weeks of August.
- I’m off for three days next week.
- Jack is off today, so I am covering for him.
- Judy is a hair stylist, and she’s off on Tuesdays.
- I’m really into jazz.
- Noriko is into cooking. She’s always coming up with new recipes.
- I heard that Mayda is into cars. She even likes to work on them!
- There is an interesting TV program on tonight about whales.
- That musical has been on Broadway for over ten years.
- I’ve made a reservation for the restaurant, so we are on for Saturday at 7pm.
- I was up until 1am this morning. I’m so tired.
- What time were you up until last night?
- I sent a text to Jack this morning, but he didn’t answer. I guess he’s not up yet.
- I am out of coffee, so I need to go to the store.
- The printer is out of toner. Can you order more?
- The shop was out of my favorite ice cream.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
Free Sample HERE
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!