When you think of phrasal verbs, the be verb may not be the first idea that comes to your mind. But actually, we have a number of common phrasal verbs with the be verb, so for today’s English lesson, let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Tomorrow is my day off, so I’ll be around all day.
- I’ll be around in the morning, but I need to leave the house at 1pm to pick up my friends at the airport.
- I’d like to stop by your office tomorrow. What time will you be around?
- I’m in on Saturday, but not on Sunday.
- I was in early today so I am going to go home early.
- What time will you be in tomorrow?
- I was away last week, so I missed Jack’s party.
- I’m going to be away next week, so if you need help, please contact Tommy.
- Vincent was away the first two weeks of August.
- I’m off for three days next week.
- Jack is off today, so I am covering for him.
- Judy is a hair stylist, and she’s off on Tuesdays.
- I’m really into jazz.
- Noriko is into cooking. She’s always coming up with new recipes.
- I heard that Mayda is into cars. She even likes to work on them!
- There is an interesting TV program on tonight about whales.
- That musical has been on Broadway for over ten years.
- I’ve made a reservation for the restaurant, so we are on for Saturday at 7pm.
- I was up until 1am this morning. I’m so tired.
- What time were you up until last night?
- I sent a text to Jack this morning, but he didn’t answer. I guess he’s not up yet.
- I am out of coffee, so I need to go to the store.
- The printer is out of toner. Can you order more?
- The shop was out of my favorite ice cream.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
MY NEW BOOK FOR ESL TEACHERS
ESL Games for the Classroom:
101 Interactive Activities to Engage Your Students with Minimal Prep
Motivate your students to learn English with quick set-up, interactive activities from ESL Games for the Classroom. Every moment of class time counts. To fill class time productively, ESL Games for the Classroom offers effective ESL games that engage students with little or no prep work. Coming September 11, 2018