The other day somebody wrote a comment on MyHappyEnglish.com and said, “Please keep making podcasts.” I really appreciate everyone who leaves comments on the website and this one inspired me to put together this lesson. Keep is a very interesting verb because it has several different meanings and uses, so for today’s English lesson let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Keep is an irregular verb. The three forms are keep…kept…and…kept.
- I keep my pen in the drawer.
- We keep the dishes in the cabinet above the sink.
- When I buy fruit, I like to keep it in the refrigerator. I like chilled fruit.
- I think it’s a good idea to keep a vocabulary notebook.
- You should keep a journal in English to practice new grammar and vocabulary that you learn.
- Airplane pilots and ship captains always keep a log of their trips.
- I have a new blanket which really keeps me warm and in.
- My sister has a wine cooler, which keeps the wine at the proper temperature.
- Fabrizio always keeps his cars in pristine condition.
- Please keep studying English with me here on the happy English podcast.
- The popcorn was so good that I kept eating it until it was finished.
- Even though I was tired I kept working last night until 11.
- You are doing a great job studying English is so keep going.
- Today is a great day for a hike. The weather is good so let’s keep going until dinnertime.
- I don’t need a break so we can keep going on this project until we finish it.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!