Prepositions. I think everybody who studies English has a love-hate relationship with them. They even drive me crazy as a teacher, and I’m a native English speaker. So I can imagine how you guys must feel trying to deal with these bad boys. For today’s English lesson, let’s talk about how we use if in indirect speech and questions. I hope that will clear up some of the fog for you. Are you ready? Let’s check them out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- He asked me if I knew the time.
- She asked me if I had the newspaper.
- The boss wanted to know if I finished the report.
- I asked Bob if the meeting was canceled.
- I wonder if it will rain tomorrow.
- I wonder if it will be a nice day tomorrow.
- I wonder if Jack is coming to the party.
- My boss is moody. I wonder if he’ll be in a good mood today.
- She is being really nice to me these days. I wonder if she likes me.
- Let me know if you need help.
- Let me know if I can help you.
- Have a great time at the baseball game tonight. Let me know if they win.
- I just made some chili sauce. Can you try it? Let me know if it’s too spicy.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!