Hey everyone! The other day, one of my students was asking me about can and may. There are some similarities with how we use these words, and so I thought that would be an interesting idea to share here on the podcast. So, for today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use can and may!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Can I borrow your pen?
- May I borrow your pen?
- Can I have a large coffee?
- May I have a large coffee?
- I can play the guitar but I can’t play the drums.
- You can find a lot of great pizza shops in New York City.
- According to the forecast, it may rain this weekend.
- I may go to Chicago next month. I’m still thinking about it.
- It might rain this weekend.
- I might go to Chicago next month.
- I can’t play football. I’m not a team sports kind of guy.
- I may not go to the party tomorrow. I’m kind of tired.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!