It’s almost spring. You know, the time when flowers bloom and birds sing. Ah birds…you know, that reminds me. In English, we have a lot of idioms about animals, and since it’s almost spring, how about we take a look at some bird idioms! Are you ready? Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Jenny is a night owl. It’s hard for her to wake up early.
- I was a night owl when I was in university, but these days I’m usually asleep by 11pm.
- That scary movie last night gave me goosebumps.
- I got goosebumps when I sat in the roller coaster seat for the first time.
- The bullies in school were teasing Johnny but it was like water off a duck’s back because he’s a strong willed boy.
- Even though the boss was yelling at me for missing my sales target, it was like water off a ducks back. I know I’m a good sales person. I just had a slow month.
- It seems like Tommy was too chicken to ask that girl for a date.
- There is no way I’m going to ask the boss for a day off. I admit it. I’m a chicken.
- I finished my final exams and turned in all of my papers, so I am free as a bird.
- Kathy finally broke up with her boyfriend, so she is as free as a bird. You should ask her out for a date.
- The new salesman in our office is a nice guy, but he is a bit of a birdbrain. I had to tell him three times how to log into the database system.
- Jenny’s new boyfriend might be a good looking guy, but he’s kind of a birdbrain.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!