I am sure that you guys know, the word better is the comparative form of good. You know, good better best. Well, we have a number of different phrases in English that use the word better, so for today’s English lesson, let’s check them out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- If it’s a cold winter day, and you have just taken a shower, before you go outside you had better dry your hair.
- The doctor told Joe that his health is at risk. He had better stop smoking.
- You have an important exam tomorrow? You had better study for it if you want to get a good grade.
- If you want to travel from Times Square to the World Trade Center during rush hour, it’s better to take a subway than a bus.
- The Oyster Bar serves steak as well as seafood, but since it’s the oyster bar I think it’s better to order fish.
- The weather forecast said we’re going to have a snowstorm tomorrow, so I think it’s better to stay home and work from home than it is to drive to the office.
- If you want to travel from Times Square to the World Trade Center during rush hour, you would be better off taking a subway than a bus.
- This is a seafood restaurant and even though they have steaks on the menu I think you’re better off ordering Fish.
- Since it’s going to snow tomorrow I think I’m better off working from home than trying to drive to the office.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!