I know that prepositions can be tough for a lot of English learners. That’s why starting today, I’m going to do a series of podcast lesson on them, starting with the preposition At. For today’s English lesson, we’re going to look at 8 different ways that we use AT. In the next episode, we’ll look at phrasal verbs and idioms that contain AT. In the third episode, we’ll cover other set phrases that use at. So, let’s get started!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Jack was waiting at the bus stop.
- I stopped at the post office to send a letter.
- We were at Jenny’s house all afternoon.
- Many people work at home these days.
- I was at work yesterday.
- We learned a lot at school today.
- I had a great time at the concert last night.
- I met Jack at the party last weekend.
- Cathy made a great presentation at the meeting today.
- Bob works at Microsoft.
- Jack got his MBA at Harvard.
- Nick works at an auto parts factory.
- We were laughing at the comedian.
- They threw snowballs at us.
- My boss often yells at the staff.
- He’s gotten heavy and is at risk of a serious illness.
- Our team is at a disadvantage because we’ve lost our best two players this season.
- Those countries have been at war for a number of years.
- I finished work at 8:00pm.
- The train should arrive at 12:30pm.
- Carol is a nurse, so sometimes she works at night.
- Kate got married at 21, which is considered a young age to get married these days.
- At $9 per pound, those are the most expensive blueberries I’ve ever seen.
- The champion pumpkin weighted in at 40 kilograms.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!