Prepositions are interesting because a number of prepositions can be used as adverbs. For example, I can say, I’m behind you. Behind means the back side of something. I’m behind you means the opposite of I’m in front of you. But, the phrase I’m behind, means that late. I’m behind means I’m not on schedule. For today’s English lesson, let’s take a look at 7 phrases that use I am, plus prepositions.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I’m really behind, so I need to stay in the office late to finish this report.
- I was behind in my homework, so I spent the whole weekend studying!
- I’m down because my pet goldfish died.
- I’m a little down today so I’m, not going to go to the party.
- Do you want to go to the club tomorrow night? Sure, I’m down for that.
- My favorite singer’s concert is just two days away. I am so down for that.
- Are you down to go camping next weekend? Oh yeah, I’m down!
- I’m off tomorrow, so I’m going to sleep in and just relax.
- I’m off for a week in December. I think I’ll go to Miami.
- Are you off on Saturday?
- I’ve had a great time tonight, but it’s getting late, so I’m off.
- Let’s see, I have my wallet, keys, and watch. I’m all set. I’m off. See you tomorrow.
- I was out all day yesterday. I guess that’s why I was tired today.
- Jack and Tommy are both out today so the office is quiet.
- Several students were out so the teacher decided to cancel the quiz.
- Are you still eating? No…I’m through.
- It took a long time to finish this project, but finally, I’m through.
- I was up late last night, so I should get to bed early today.
- Hi Jack? Are you up? I need to ask you something.
- I am up early every morning.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!