If you’ve been following my YouTube channel, you know that I’ve been focusing on Natural American English pronunciation recently. Well today, I thought that I would bring that lesson flow to the podcast. Actually, it was a request from one of my students, so Vincent, this is for you!
I noticed that quite often when there is an N and a T together in a word, we….I mean us Americans… often drop the T in usual pronunciation. A common example of this is the word Twenty…eighteen, nineteen, twen(t)y. Tweny!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- accounting – He works in the accounting department.
- advantage – The home team always has the advantage.
- authentic – That is an authentic 18th Century pitcher.
- counter – Put it on the counter.
- enterprise – That ship was named the Enterprise.
- entertaining – That musical was very entertaining.
- gentleman – He is a real gentleman.
- gigantic – It’s a gigantic rock.
- horizontal – There are several vertical and horizontal lines in this photo.
- identification – Please show your identification.
- identify – I can’t identify that sound.
- identity – They need to check your identity before you can enter the room.
- incentive – What is my incentive to keep doing this?
- interested – Are you interested in modern art?
- interesting – It’s a really interesting book.
- interfere – I wish you wouldn’t interfere with my personal situation.
- international – There were many international guests at the party.
- intersection – Let’s cross the intersection and then look for a place for lunch.
- interview – I had a nice interview with the CFO.
- painting – It’s a nice painting.
- pointed – She pointed at the building
- quantity – Can you tell me the quantity?
- sentence – Please write that sentence on the board.
- twenty – We need twenty more chairs for the meeting.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!