As you probable know, a phrasal verb is a verb plus a preposition that is used as an idiom. Well, for today’s English lesson, let’s look at 6 phrasal verbs that use go. Are you ready? Let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- My alarm clock goes off at 6:10 every morning.
- The smoke alarm in my kitchen went off when I was cooking dinner.
- When I was going home, the alarm in the elevator in my office went off. I wonder why.
- Because of the hurricane, the electricity went out for six hours.
- The candle went out when Jane opened the window.
- The light in my refrigerator has never gone out.
- The manager’s speech went on for over two hours.
- The woman behind me on the train was on a phone call that went on the entire trip.
- The meeting went on for 3 hours until we could reach an agreement.
- We need to go over the itinerary before we show it to the boss.
- Let’s go over our lines for the play one more time.
- Before buying that antique dish, I went over it very carefully.
- Jack is going through a difficult divorce.
- The country is going through an economic recession.
- After losing a pet, I don’t want to go through that again any time soon.
- You’re going to take the TOEFL exam for the first time? Go for it!
- You want to take another piece of cake? Go for it!
- Whenever I see people running a marathon I want to yell, Go for it!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!