Today is the second in a three part series of podcasts focusing on make. As I mentioned in Episode 447, make is one of those interesting words in English because it has a number of different meanings and uses. In this episode, we’ll look at some common phrases and collocations using make. In the next episode, we’ll look at some Phrasal verbs and idioms that use make.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- In the hotel, they make the bed every day.
- Jack never makes the bed, so his room always looks messy.
- We made a change to the website and the boss loves it.
- I think we need to make a few changes to the meeting schedule.
- My first job in an office was making and filing copies of documents.
- I made a copy music CD for one of my friends.
- I made a decision to quit my job and open my own company.
- We need to make a decision about our car. It’s old and breaking down too often.
- I made an effort to finish my homework by the due date.
- Jack is one of our best employees. He always makes an effort on the job.
- Tom made a poor excuse for coming to the meeting late.
- Bob made a lot of excuses for is poor performance, but eventually he was fired from his sales job.
- On his first day of kindergarten, little Johnny made a lot of friends.
- It’s easy for Jack to make friends because he’s very outgoing.
- Bob made an improvement to his living room by painting it and putting in a new carpet.
- You’re studying English very hard. You’ve really made an improvement.
- Lenny makes a living selling used cars. He’s quite good at it.
- New York is an expensive city. So it’s hard to make a living here.
- I made a few mistakes on the exam.
- Please be careful when you cut that glass. If you make a mistake, we’ll need to buy more.
- My neighbor works nights and he makes a lot of noise when he comes home in the morning.
- I told the kids to stop making noise and do their homework.
- I went into my office and made a few phone calls.
- The park is a good place to make a phone call because its usually quiet there.
- Can you make time to have a meeting with me tomorrow?
- We need to make time to interview some people for the sales job.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Get quality language lessons from a our friends over at italki. You can connect with a teacher and get $10 in italki. credits when you purchase your first course by clicking this link It’s the fastest way to become fluent.
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!