Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Today, I’m going to start a three part series of podcasts focusing on make. Make is one of those interesting words in English that has several different meanings and uses. For today’s English lesson, are going to look at the verb to make, what it means, and how it is used in everyday English. In the next episode, we’ll look at some common phrases and collocations using make. Following that, we’ll look at some Phrasal verbs and idioms that use make.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Jack made a table from some wood he had in his garage.
- The kids like to make things with Legos.
- Those statues are made of glass.
- Even though this table looks like wood it is made of plastic.
- I made a nice English lesson from that news story.
- We need to make a report for our boss.
- I make the coffee every morning.
- My mother makes amazing lasagna.
- When Jack spilled the wine it made a stain on the carpet.
- The firecracker made a hole in the garage door.
- Adding some tomatoes to the curry makes it a little sweeter.
- We made plans to see a movie.
- Have you made the arrangements for your trip?
- The boss is going to make a speech at his retirement dinner.
- I made him an offer for his car. I hope he accepts it.
- The manager makes a lot of demands on his staff.
- George Washington was made general of the army in 1775.
- Jackie was made the store manager when Tony retired.
- The boss made everyone work on Saturday to finish the project.
- Jerry’s mom made him clean the garage.
- If you can make it $10, I’d be happy to buy that antique dish.
- Since we both need to work, for tomorrow’s dinner let’s make it at 7pm.
- That coffee shop makes a lot of money for basically selling hot water!
- Frank made a lot of money in the stock market and bought a big house in Florida.
- There is so much traffic on the highway, I hope I can make my flight.
- We’re having a party on Saturday. I hope you can make it!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
Free Sample HERE
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!