We can use AS followed by an adjective or an adverb plus AS to talk similarity or to compare things. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at six different ways that the AS…AS combination can be use in this way.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Tom is as tall as Jane.
- The hair salon on Broadway is as expensive as the hair salon on 5th Ave.
- I am as tired as I was yesterday.
- Bob is not as tall as Tom.
- The hair salon on 5th Ave. is not as expensive as the hair salon on Park.
- I am not as tired as I was yesterday.
- I can run as quickly as Jack.
- He ate as much as I did!
- On the weekends, the trains don’t come as often as the weekdays.
- I’m as happy as ever.
- We will be there as soon as possible.
- You have to do as much as necessary to accomplish your goals.
- There were as many people as last week in today’s meeting.
- Take as much time as you need. There is no rush to finish this project.
- On a hot day, you should drink as much water as you can.
- There were as many as 100 people in that swimming pool.
- Tony can drink as much as 10 cups of coffee in one day.
- It can take as long as 5 hours to get there, depending on traffic.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!