Most is a pretty versatile word because it can be used before a noun, before an adjective, and with a verb as an adverb. We also use the idiom, to make the most of something. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use most in everyday English.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- At the party, Jack ate the most pizza.
- We get the most rain in April.
- Jenny has the most clients in the office.
- Most of my friends like pizza and beer.
- Most of the students in the class are working professionals.
- Jim keeps most of his books on the shelves in the living room.
- Jasmine the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met.
- The boss took us to the most expensive restaurant in the city for lunch today.
- Ted said that Pirates of the Caribbean was the most exciting movie he’s seen in a long time.
- For Kim, baseball is the sport he enjoys most.
- This is the book I have wanted the most.
- Machu Picchu is the place I want to visit most.
- Vinny makes the most of his weekends by waking up early and getting a lot of things done.
- Lou made the most of the training program he got from his company. He learned so much, he eventually became one of the trainers.
- You’ll only have one opportunity to meet with the CEO about your ideas for the company, so you should make the most of it.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!