Very is an interesting word in English because it can be used as both an adjective and adverb. I think most people are used to using very as an adverb, but as I just mentioned it is also possible to use very as an adjective before a noun. For today’s English lesson, we’re going to look at these two ways of using very.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Studying English is fun.
- To study English is to study several centuries of western civilization.
- Eating pizza makes me happy.
- To eat pizza is to eat the soul of Italian culture.
- I want to have pizza for dinner.
- Jack said he needs to get a new laptop.
- Jenny seems to be tired today.
- I went shopping to find a birthday present for Jack.
- Ken came to New York to study English.
- I go to the café to get coffee every morning.
- I bought a special set of pens to use on the white board.
- We got a new machine to bake bread.
- Tom bought a telescope to see the moon!
- This soup is too hot to eat. We need to wait a few minutes.
- Jenny said she didn’t have enough time to finish the exam.
- Jack said that the Thai curry in this restaurant is a bit too spicy to eat.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!