Need is a very interesting word in English because it can be used as a verb and a noun. We also have some set phrases using need, so for today’s English lesson let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I need coffee
- I need to drink coffee.
- Jack said he needs a new computer.
- The boss said we need to work harder.
- The new sales person needs training.
- I think this office needs cleaning.
- There is a need for some changes in our company policy.
- I believe there is a need for more fun in the classroom.
- We all have a strong need to keep up with new technology.
- There is no need to worry. Even though there is traffic we will get to the airport on time.
- If need be I can pick you up at the train station tonight. Just let me know.
- I would like to have the meeting online, but if need be, I can travel to your office.
- I’m in need of a hotel room for two nights.
- I think this man is in need of a doctor. We should call 911.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Get quality language lessons from a our friends over at italki. You can connect with a teacher and get $10 in italki credits with your first lesson purchase by clicking this link It’s the fastest way to become fluent.
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!