A friend of mine who I haven’t seen in a while came over my house today. When we sat down, he said, so what’s shaking. What’s shaking? That’s a great question, and it got me thinking that we have a lot of casual and informal Greetings in English. So, for today’s English lesson, let’s check them out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- How are you? → Huh-ware-yuh?
- How are you doing? → Hah-ya-do-win?
- How is it going? → How-zit-go-win?
- What’s new?
- What’s up? → Wah-sup? → Sup?
- What’s shaking? → What’s shakin’? → What’s shakin’, bacon?
- What’s cooking? → What’s cookin’?
- What’s cracking? → What’s crackin’?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!