Must and have to are modal verbs that show necessity. For today’s English lesson let’s take a look at how we can talk about necessity using must and have to in the present past and future.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- When you travel internationally you must have a passport.
- Everyone in this car must wear a seatbelt.
- I have to be at my office by 9 o’clock.
- You have to finish this report by tomorrow.
- When I traveled internationally I had to have a passport.
- Everyone in this car had to wear a seatbelt.
- I had to be at my office by 9 o’clock this morning.
- When I travel to Europe next month I will have to have a passport.
- Everyone in this car will have to wear a seatbelt.
- I will have to be at my office by 9 o’clock tomorrow morning.
- I am going to have to finish up this report by tomorrow.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!