Are you a cat person or a dog person? I tend to be a dog person, but for today’s English lesson, everyone is a cat person. That’s because we are going to look at some idioms that relate to cats or come from cats. Are you ready? Let’s check them out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- What happened? The cat got your tongue?
- Tommy and his girlfriend fight like cats and dogs all the time. I am surprised that they are still dating.
- My sister and I used to fight like cats and dogs when we were kids.
- When it comes to roller coasters, my friend Jack is a fraidy cat.
- He told Tom about the surprise party. He let the cat out of the bag.
- Look who’s here! Look what the cat dragged in!
- It’s raining cats and dogs. It’s pouring!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!