May is a modal verb which has a number of different uses in English . For today’s English lesson, let’s take a look at how we can use may.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I may go fishing this tomorrow. It depends on the weather.
- I’m very busy in the office. I may need to work on the weekend.
- When you go to the airport, you should leave a bit earlier. There may be traffic.
- May I leave the office early today?
- You may use my car as long as you promise to bring it back by 5pm.
- Thank you for waiting. You may see the doctor now.
- You may not smoke in this office.
- During this exam, you may not have anything on your desk except for two number two pencils.
- May you have a very happy birthday.
- May your trip be safe and fun.
- May we all have success in this exam.
- It seems like the rain is not going to stop. We may as well cancel the picnic and go home.
- You’ve had three slices of pizza and there is only one left. You may as well eat it!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!