May is a modal verb which has a number of different uses in English . For today’s English lesson, let’s take a look at how we can use may.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I may go fishing this tomorrow. It depends on the weather.
- I’m very busy in the office. I may need to work on the weekend.
- When you go to the airport, you should leave a bit earlier. There may be traffic.
- May I leave the office early today?
- You may use my car as long as you promise to bring it back by 5pm.
- Thank you for waiting. You may see the doctor now.
- You may not smoke in this office.
- During this exam, you may not have anything on your desk except for two number two pencils.
- May you have a very happy birthday.
- May your trip be safe and fun.
- May we all have success in this exam.
- It seems like the rain is not going to stop. We may as well cancel the picnic and go home.
- You’ve had three slices of pizza and there is only one left. You may as well eat it!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
GET MY ONLINE COURSES FOR 75% OFF
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS
Look inside the book
Get yours now!