Cool is an interesting word in English because it has a variety of uses. So, for today’s English lesson let’s have a look at five different ways that we can use the word cool.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Las Vegas is hot in the daytime but cool in the mornings and evenings.
- On a hot summer day I like to have a cool glass of iced-tea.
- The lasagna just came out of the oven. It has to be a little cooler before we can serve it.
- The weather forecast says it’s going to be cool for the next few days.
- Jane is very warm and friendly but her husband is a little cool.
- The boss was a little cool when I came to the meeting late.
- Even though someone crashed into my new car I kept cool.
- No matter how much of the boss yells at Tommy he always manages to stay cool.
- James Dean is the ultimate cool guy, but these days many people think of Johnny Depp looks cool.
- Frankie just bought a Ferrari. It’s the coolest car in the neighborhood.
- Frankie has a Ferrari! Cool!
- Hey Jenny would you like to have dinner with me on Saturday night? You can? Cool!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!