Cool is an interesting word in English because it has a variety of uses. So, for today’s English lesson let’s have a look at five different ways that we can use the word cool.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- Las Vegas is hot in the daytime but cool in the mornings and evenings.
- On a hot summer day I like to have a cool glass of iced-tea.
- The lasagna just came out of the oven. It has to be a little cooler before we can serve it.
- The weather forecast says it’s going to be cool for the next few days.
- Jane is very warm and friendly but her husband is a little cool.
- The boss was a little cool when I came to the meeting late.
- Even though someone crashed into my new car I kept cool.
- No matter how much of the boss yells at Tommy he always manages to stay cool.
- James Dean is the ultimate cool guy, but these days many people think of Johnny Depp looks cool.
- Frankie just bought a Ferrari. It’s the coolest car in the neighborhood.
- Frankie has a Ferrari! Cool!
- Hey Jenny would you like to have dinner with me on Saturday night? You can? Cool!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!