Free is an interesting word in English, because it has a lot of different uses… not just the one that talks about money or no money. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we can use this interesting adjective, free.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- That restaurant offers free coffee refills.
- Most of the stores in my neighborhood offer free parking.
- Would you like to have a cookie? They are free.
- I got a pair of socks for free when I bought these sneakers.
- The ice cream shop gives tasting samples for free.
- I got a T-shirt for free when I joined the gym.
- If you’d like to have a meeting I am free all day tomorrow.
- Let me know when you’re free. I have a few questions to ask you.
- It’s the weekend. I am finally free.
- There were no free tables at the restaurant so we sat at the bar.
- It took me a while to find a free seat on the train.
- I couldn’t find any free parking spaces near the theater.
- My sister likes to drink sugar-free cola.
- In New York City if you buy less than $100 worth of clothes, your purchase is tax-free.
- I bought a bottle of wine at the duty free shop in the airport.
- In this town, all of the restaurants are smoke-free.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!