It’s starting to get cold here in NY. In fact this morning, the temperature dropped down to about minus 3, and it’s still the beginning of winter! I’ve noticed that a lot of English learners make some common mistakes when talking about the weather, so for today’s English lesson, I’d like to help you out with this rather basic but important English language point.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- It snows a lot in the winter here.
- It rained yesterday, so I didn’t go out.
- It’s snowing! The kids are so excited.
- If it’s raining tomorrow, I think we should go by train instead of car.
- There was a lot of snow on the ground this morning.
- Driving was difficult because of the rain.
- There was so much rain that the street flooded.
- Whenever it snows, I have to shovel the snow from the sidewalk.
- It’s warm today. Why don’t we go to the park?
- It was chilly all day yesterday.
- It was cloudy and cold this morning, but it’s sunny this afternoon.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
570+ English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!